Indianapolis, Ind.— With the 2012 NCAA Regional tournament ready to tee-off, Pacific junior Alex Edfort heads to Stanford, Calif. to take part in the postseason tournament. Edfort will join nine other individuals and 13 teams including the Big West champion UC Davis Aggies at the Stanford Regional.
Six 54-hole regional tournaments will be conducted May 17-19. Thirteen teams and 10 individuals not on those teams will compete at each of three regionals while the other three regionals will have 14 teams and five individuals not on those teams. The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals. The finals will be conducted May 29-June 3, at The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, California. Southern California is the host institution for this year's championships.
To follow Edfort and the rest of the field live go to GolfStatResults.com.
Stanford Golf Course – Stanford, Calif.
1. California [Pac-12 Conference]
3. San Diego State [Mountain West Conference]
7. Wichita State [Missouri Valley Conference]
9. Oregon State
10. Southeastern Louisiana
11. San Francisco
12. San Jose State [Western Athletic Conference]
13. UC Davis [Big West Conference]
1. Zac Blair, Brigham Young
2. Justin Shin, New Mexico State
3. Josh Anderson, Pepperdine
4. Alex Edfort, Pacific
5. Justin Keiley, Brigham Young
6. Allan Jun, UC Irvine
7. Mason Casper, Utah Valley
8. Johnny MacArthur, Pepperdine
9. Jarred Bossio, Idaho
10. Zachery Fullerton, New Mexico State