Tigers Shy Of The Win Against Idaho 4-3
Pacific opened their Spring 2012 season on the road against the Idaho Vandals. The Tigers came up short of the victory with a final score of 4-3. The Tigers got off to a strong start by securing the doubles point and winning two of the three doubles events.
In the singles events, Pacific experienced some challenges and won two of the six events. Those that proved victorious were senior Tomasz Krzyszkowski and freshman Ben Mirkin. Both Krzyszkowski and Mirkin's matches proved to be brutal three set matches, but with the aid of strategy and composure, the Tigers earned the win.
At the conclusion of the match, Coach Redondo stated, "For our first match of the seasonthe guys came out and competed tough against the competitive University of Idaho Vandals. We came out with the doubles point and gave ourselves the opportunities to win the match overall but came up a match short losing 4-3. We are back at it against another tough team tomorrow, but we will look to keep learning and improving."
The Tigers will now prepare to face the University of Washington on January 22nd.
3. Tomasz Krzyszkowski / Ben Mirkin (Pacific) def. Andrew Dobbs/ Jake Knox (Idaho) 8-5
1. Marius Cristea (Idaho) def. Ivan Castro (Pacific) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
2. Abid Akbar (Idaho) def. Alex Golding (Pacific) 6-3, 6-3
3. Tomasz Krzyszkowski (Pacific) def. Alan Shin (Idaho) 6-3, 6-7, 6-4
4. Ben Mirkin (Pacific) def. Cristobal Ramos Salazar (Idaho) 7-6 (0), 3-6, 6-4
5. Jose Bendeck (Idaho) def. Erik Cederwall (Pacific) 6-4, 6-2
6. Cesar Torres (Idaho) def. Valentim Goncalves Jr. (Pacific) 7-5, 6-2
Final Score: Idaho 4, Pacific 3