Tigers Fall At Home To Pepperdine
Stockton, Calif. - The Pacific men's tennis team dropped a 4-1 decision to Pepperdine on Friday, April 11 at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts. The Tigers fell to 10-10 overall and 3-4 in West Coast Conference play, while Pepperdine moved to 15-11 and 7-0 in league play.
"It was a tough match today," Said Head Coach Ryan Redondo. "We had tons of opportunities in doubles and singles. We can't be that up and down against Pepperdine and we will have to improve for tomorrow and be ready to battle LMU."
After dropping two the doubles matchups, the Tigers' lone singles victory came at No. 4, where Daniel Alameh won 6-2, 7-5 over Stefan Menichella.
The Tigers are next in action with their final home match against Loyola Marymount on Saturday, April 12 at 2:00 p.m. at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts. Seniors Erik Cederwall and Denis Stolyarov will be honored before the match.
Pepperdine 4, Pacific 1
1. Alex Sarkissian/Francis Alcantara (PEP) def. Marlon Brand/Daniel Alameh(PAC) 8-6
2. Sem Verbeek/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) vs. Pedro Leme/Tom Hill (PEP) DNF (Pacific led 7-4)
3. David Sofaer/Rakshay Thakkar (PEP) def. Alex Hamilton/Erik Cederwall (PAC) 8-4
1. Sarkissian (PEP) def. Verbeek (PAC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Alcantara (PEP) def. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 6-3, 6-4
3. Miguel Diaz (PAC) vs. Sofaer (PEP) DNF 7-5, 3-6
4. Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. Stefan Menichella (PEP) 6-2, 7-5
5. Thakkar (PEP) def. Hamilton (PAC) 7-6 (4), 6-4
6. Cederwall (PAC) vs. Leme (PEP) DNF 5-7, 6-2, 2-4