Stockton, Calif. - The Pacific men's tennis team defeated Loyola Marymount 5-2 on Senior Day at the Hal Nelson Tennis Courts on Saturday, April 12. The Tigers improved to 11-10 overall and 4-4 in West Coast Conference play, while LMU fell to 13-9 and 4-5 in league play.
"Today it was a great team victory on senior day and potentially last dual match at Hal Nelson," said Head Coach Ryan Redondo. " Team played much better today and we will need to continue to work hard this week to get ready for Santa Clara. It was an emotional day for me to have two great people in Erik Cederwall and Denis Stolyarov play their last dual matches at home. They have been great Tigers!"
The Tigers won the doubles point with victories at No. 1 and 3 doubles. Pacific won at No. 1-4 singles to clinch the match, with Sem Verbeek, Denis Stolyarov, Miguel Diaz and Daniel Alameh each getting wins for the Tigers.
Pacifici is next in action on the road at Santa Clara on April 19.
Pacific 5, LMU 2
1. Sem Verbeek/Denis Stolyarov (PAC) def. Sebastian Bustamante/Todd Volmari 8-7 (5)
2. Cristobal Rivera/Felix Van Kann (LMU) def. Marlon Brand/Miguel Diaz (PAC) 8-7 (6)
3. Alex Hamilton/Daniel Alameh (PAC) def. David Doehring/Daniel Simko (LMU) 8-6
1. Verbeek (PAC) def. Volmari (LMU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Stolyarov (PAC) def. Doehring (LMU) 6-4, 6-2
3. Diaz (PAC) def. Van Kann (LMU) 6-1, 6-3
4. Alameh (PAC) def. Bustamante (LMU) 4-6, 7-5 (ret.)
5. Rivera (LMU) def. Hamilton (PAC) 4-6, 6-2, 6-3
6. Simko (LMU) def. Erik Cederwall (PAC) 5-7, 7-6 (4), 1-0 (9)