Tigers Take Second At Big West Championships After Coming Up Short Against UC Irvine 4-0
Palm Springs, Calif. - The Tigers played tough, but were edged by the Anteaters with a final score of 4-0 in the finals of the Big West championship.
After the end of the match, Coach Redondo stated, "I am so proud of the way this team came together and finished this season. Pacific finished this year with a winning season, made the rankings, and finished the conference championships as finalists. In addition, upsetting the 2nd seed and #45th team in the country in the semifinals was a tribute to all the work we did all season long and from the countless lessons we learned from each day. We are all proud and sad to release two great Pacific Tigers in Fernando Ristow and Artem Gramma as they finished their collegiate career today. Go Tigers!"
1. Kearney/Stege (UCI) def. Ivan Castro/ Alex Golding (PAC) - 8-6
2. Henderson/Gould (UCI) vs. Fernando Ristow/ Angus Thomson (PAC) - DNF
3. Cheung/Matthews (UCI) def. Artem Gramma/ Tomasz Krzyszkowski (PAC) - 8-1
Order of Finish: 3, 1**
1. Chris Kearney (UCI) def. Artem Gramma (PAC) - 6-3, 6-2
2. Sam Gould (UCI) vs. Tomasz Krzyszkowski (PAC) - DNF
3. Fabian Matthews (UCI) vs. Fernando Ristow (PAC) - DNF
4. Ryan Cheung (UCI) vs. Ivan Castro (PAC) - DNF
5. Shan Sondhu (UCI) def. Alex Golding (PAC) - 6-2, 6-2
6. Steven Henderson (UCI) def. Lance Dugan (PAC) - 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 5, 1, 6**
Final Score: Pacific 0, UC Irvine 4