Stockton, Calif.-The Tigers got off to a slow start in the doubles events after coming up short in two of the three matches. The two seniors, Julia Hansen and Summer Irvin competed together solidly in the No. 1 position and were the last ones to clear the court however, the point was yielded to the Titans.
In the singles events following the senior day ceremonies, the Tigers picked up the momentum and dominated against the Titans. Pacific managed to secure all the singles positions, nearly all of the matches were won in straight sets with the exception of sophomore Susan Te, who's match resulted in a three set battle; however Te reigned supreme.
Following the victory, Head Women's Coach Bob Chiene stated, " Winning this last home match was great for my team. It has been a difficult year with all the challenges we had. My two seniors, Julia Hansen and Summer Irvin wanted to play doubles together at #1 but lost 8-6 and put up a good fight. Losing the doubles point made me a little nervous. Fullerton has played tough against many teams in our conference so I knew there was work to be done. Before singles play the team assured me that they would get the job done in singles, and they did it better than I had even expected. Everyone winning their singles match gave our seniors a memorable last match. I am very proud of how my team has competed this year as they could have thrown in the towel a long time ago, but their competitiveness and character is exemplary."
1. Morgan McIntosh/ Tiffany Mai (Fullerton) def. Julia Hansen/Summer Irvin (Pacific) 8-6
3. Regina Suarez/Susan Te (Pacific) def. Mallorie De La Cruz/Avriel Tomaiko (Fullerton) 8-2
Order of completion: 3, 2, 1*
1. Iveta Masarova (Pacific) def. Tiffany Mai (Fullerton) 6-4, 7-5
2. Julia Hansen (Pacific) def. Morgan McIntosh (Fullerton) 6-0, 6-2
3. Susan Te (Pacific) def. Monica Rodriguez (Fullerton) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (6)
4. Gergana Boncheva (Pacific) def. Mallorie De La Cruz (Fullerton) 6-3, 6-2
5. Summer Irvin (Pacific) def. Kalika Slevocove (Fullerton) 6-3, 6-3
6. Regina Suarez (Pacific) def. Jessica Pepa (Fullerton) 6-0, 6-1
Order of completion: 6, 2, 4, 5**, 3, 1
* Denotes Doubles Securing Point
** Denotes Match Securing Win
Final Score: Pacific 6, Cal State Fullerton 1