As announced by the University of the Pacific earlier today, the campus will be closed Thursday and Friday due to the air quality in the Stockton and Sacramento area related to the northern California wildfires.
Pacific athletics will follow the same procedures set forth by the University. All indoor and outdoor activities have been canceled. This includes scheduled intercollegiate contests, practices and individual workouts for Pacific's student-athletes. All of Pacific's athletic facilities will be shut down during this time including the Athletic Performance Center, Athletic Training Room, the Alex G. Spanos Center, and the study hall.
These actions have all been taken with the best interests of Pacific's students, student-athletes, faculty and staff in mind.
In regards to Pacific's scheduled intercollegiate contests in the next two days and beyond, a list below details the actions taken to relocate or reschedule those events.
- Thursday's NCAA Tournament game between Pacific Men's Soccer and UC Riverside has been relocated to Fresno Pacific University and rescheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Thursday's volleyball match between Pacific and San Diego will not be played this evening. Attempts are being made reschedule and relocate the contest
- This weekend's women's tennis tournament that was set to be played on campus has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- Saturday's women's swimming meet against Fresno State has been moved to Fresno State.
- Friday night's Digs for Kids event has been canceled and attempts to reschedule it will be made.
- All practices, indoors and outdoors, have been canceled. This includes any individual workouts for student-athletes.
The university will assess weekend events by 5 p.m., Fri., Nov. 16 and assess Monday, Nov. 19 events by 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18. As more updates come from the University or Pacific Athletics, they will be made public.