LA MIRADA, Calif. - The Pacific men's and women's relay teams shined in day one of the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships on Wednesday.
The Tigers kicked off the weekend at La Mirada Aquatic Center setting two program records in the men's 200 medley and women's 800 free relay events.
Following the day, the men's team places third overall with 62 points while the women place fourth with a score of 58.
UC Santa Barbara leads the men's side with 72 points while University of Hawaii carry the women in first place with 80 points.
In Case You Missed It:
- Day one of the meet was highlighted with exceptional swimming by both relay squads. The women's medley team of Cai Hong Singh, Semaj Walker, Taylor Hosmer, and Allie Emery clocked in a time of 1:42.29 in the Tigers' first event of the day, the women's 200 medley relay.
- The men's medley relay team would follow as Angel Alcala, Yahav Shahaf, Mason Miller, and Dylan Toy improved on their program record time of 1:25.67 with a new time of 1:25.34 in the 200 medley.
- This would be the third 200 medley record broken for the Tiger four-some in five days.
- In the women's 800 freestyle relay, Brigid McNally, Allie Emery, Taylor Hosmer, and Angela Gagliardo would assemble a time of 7:18.01 posting the fastest time in UOP women's history by almost a full minute.
- The last time this record was set was in 2003 with a time of 7:19.00.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers continue with day two of the MPSF Championships tomorrow.
- The four-day meet will presume with preliminaries starting at 9:00 AM followed by the 200 free relay, 500 free, 200 IM, and 50 freestyle in the afternoon. Both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving competitions will also be held.
- Results will be posted on the MPSF website and events over the weekend will be live streamed.