LA MIRADA, Calif- The Pacific men's and women's swimming and diving team carried out a strong day of competition in day two of the MPSF Invite on Thursday.
Two top-three finishes in the men's 200 freestyle relay and women's 500 free would highlight the day for the Orange and Black. The Tigers pick back up with another day of events at MPSF's tomorrow with the butterfly, breaststroke, and backstroke events.
In Case You Missed It:
- Yahav Shahaf, Dylan Toy, Josh Owens, and Mason Miller got things started for Pacific in the men's 200 freestyle relay event taking third place with a final time of 1:19.23. This would be the fastest time set all year for the men's relay squad.
- Taylor Hosmer carried the women's team in the 500 freestyle earning a third place finish (4:53.59) and setting the fastest time by any Tiger. This would be a season-best for the junior captain.
- Teammate Brigid McNally would follow up Hosmer's time in the event with 4:56.35 for fifth place.
- Angela Gagliardo would swim a 2:03.14 to represent UOP in the women's 200 IM championship. This would be a season-best for the junior swimmer taking improving by .7 seconds on her last best time at the UNLV Invite (2:03.84).
- In the men's 50 free championships, senior Yahav Shahaf shed .41 seconds off his season-best time clocking in with 20.05. Shahaf's efforts would help earn him fifth place in the event.
- In the diving events, freshman Mackaby Pennington earned his first NCAA Zone Meet bid after scoring a 323.35 in his 3-meter final dive on Thursday. This would be a career-high for the Visailia, Calif. native.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers move on to day three of the MPSF Championships tomorrow.
- Friday's meet will presume with preliminaries for the 100 butterfly, 400 individual medley, 200 free, 100 breast, and 100 backstroke at 9:00 AM followed by the championship events in the afternoon.
- Results will be posted on the MPSF website and events over the weekend will be live streamed.