LA MIRADA, Calif - The Pacific swimming and diving team excelled in day three of the MPSF Championships on Friday.
Three school records and five top-five finishes higlighted the day for the Orange and Black in the pool.
In Case You Missed It:
- Mason Miller clocked in a 46.24 time in the men's 100 yard butterfly to take first place in the event. The Danville, Calif. native set a new school record with that mark as well as a new career-best. His previous time was 46.58, also a school record, set at last year's MPSF Championship.
- Taylor Hosmer swam a 1:48.34 mark in the women's 200 freestyle event. The junior's efforts would help her earn fourth place in the championship event as well as be her fastest time ever in her career.
- Yahav Shahaf took first in the men's 100 breastroke event. The senior posted a time of 53.25 for the first place victory.
- Angel Alcala would place himself in the UOP record books with a 47.52 time in the mens' 100 backstroke championship event.
- The senior group of Alcala, Shahaf, Miller, and Dylan Toy placed second in the men's 400 medley relay event. After setting a program record in Wednesday's 200 medley relay, the foursome would continue to make history setting another best time with 3:10.18.
Up Next For the Tigers: