LAS VEGAS, Nev. – The Pacific men's basketball team struggled offensively Tuesday night against UNLV, falling to the Runnin' Rebels by a score of 96-70 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Tigers will take its 3-2 record back home this weekend when they host their Tiger Thanksgiving Classic on Nov. 22-24 at the Alex G. Spanos Center. Joining the Tigers in the holiday event are UC Riverside, Abilene Christian, and Elon.
In case you missed it
- Pacific was very successful from beyond the arc to open the contest, shooting a perfect 5-for-5 from distance through the first eight minutes of play. The Tigers finished 5-for-7 from the three-point line for a 71.4 percentage.
- After falling to a quick deficit the Tigers were able to to take their first lead at 10-8 following a made layup by Jahlil Tripp. Roberto Gallinat extended its lead to 13-11 with a made three-pointer at 15:45.
- Gallinat scored his second three-pointer within the first five minutes to help the Tigers stay close to the Rebels.
- UNLV was able to hold the Tigers scoreless from 11:54-7:22 following three-straight turnovers. Lafayette Dorsey halted the Tigers dry spell with his first three-pointer of the contest.
- At 11:21 the Rebels went on a 10-0 run to go up by 12 points (32-20).
- UNLV would extend its largest lead of the half (20 points) with just 1:22 remaining.
- The Tigers out-rebounded UNLV, 16-14 in the first half.
- After being out-scored from the paint 22-10 in the first half, the Tigers were able to score 18 points from the paint during the second 20 minutes of play.
- Ajare Sanni was a second-half man for the second-straight contest, scoring 11 second half points to spearhead the Tigers offensive efforts.
- UNLV had complete control, shooting 62.1 percent to hold at least an 18-point lead throughout the half.
- Gallinat scored a team-high 13 points in just 15:06 minutes of play. Gallinat was 4-for-5 from the field, including a 3-for-3 effort from long range, and a 2-for-3 effort from the free throw line.
- Townes scored double-digits for the fifth-consecutive game, scoring 12 points.
- Tripp snagged a team-high five rebounds, scored five points and dished out three assists.
Follow the Tigers
For more information about the Pacific men's basketball team, be sure to follow them on twitter (@PacificMensBB) and on Instagram (pacificmensbb). Fans can also have access to score updates, statistics, game recaps, and more by downloading the Pacific Tigers Front Row app, which is available for free in the App Story or through Google Play.