STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific men's basketball team will wrap up it first weekend of West Coast Conference play on Saturday night at the University of San Diego.
At San Diego
Saturday, January 5, 2019
8:00 p.m. • Jenny Craig Pavilion
Saturday's contest will be broadcasted on Spectrum SportsNet.
Last Time Out
- Pacific is coming off of a only its second loss at home this season, falling to BYU, 90-87, to open 2019 WCC play.
- After falling to a 21-point deficit in the first half, the Tigers battled all the way back to tie the game six times in the final eight minutes of regulation.
- Roberto Gallinat was named the City of Stockton Human Resources Hardworking Player of the Game after scoring 21 second-half points to lead the Tigers with a total of 22 points. Thursday marked Gallinat's third 20-point scoring performance in four games.
- Freshman Ajare Sanni recorded his eighth contest in which he scored double-figures. Sanni scored 15 points after shooting 50 percent from the field and 60 percent from the three-point line for his second-straight game.
- Zach Cameron had his best game as a Tiger, pulling down a team-leading eight rebounds, while also totaling six points and two assists.
About San Diego
- The Toreros return home with an 0-1 record in WCC play after falling to Santa Clara on Thursday night by a score of 68-56.
- USD is 11-5 overall with key wins over Weber State, Colorado, and Washington State.
- Preseason All-WCC selection — Isaiah Pineiro leads the Toreros with 19.8 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- Also averaging double-digit points are Olin Carter III (16.9) and Isaiah Wright (13.2).
- Only three USD players have appeared in all 16 games.
- Pacific is 13-7 all-time against San Diego, including a series sweep last season, and is 4-0 in the last two seasons.
- Last season's 67-55 win in San Diego was by the largest margin since the 2013-14 season.
How We Stack Up
- Roberto Gallinat is 12th in the WCC with 15.1 points per game and is third in free throw percentage (87.8)
- Jahlil Tripp is sixth in field goal percentage (60.9). seventh in rebounding (7.3 p/gm), eighth in steals (1.5 p/gm).
- Lafayette Dorsey is first in conference, third nationally, with a 94.9 free throw percentage. He has made 56-of-59 attempts and is 6-for-6 in conference play.
- Ajare Sanni is fourth in 3-point field goal percentage, going 27-for-63 (42.9 pct.) from beyond the arc.
WCC Player of the Week
Ajare Sanni was named WCC Player of the Week on December 31, 2018 after shooting 50 percent (8-16) from the field, including a 60 percent (3-5) effort from beyond the arc, and 80 percent (4-5) from the free throw line for a team-leading 23 points in the Tigers win over UC Irvine on Saturday. His game totals included two steals, one assist, and one rebound.
Anthony Townes snagged conference weekly honors on December 17, 2018 following following two stellar performances that helped the Tigers to a 2-0 finish, with wins over Long Beach State (74-68) and Cal State Northridge (79-77). Townes averaged 19 points with 70.6 percent shooting from the field and 93.3 percent shooting from the free throw line. In addition, he averaged 7.5 rebounds.
Fans be sure to follow Pacific men's basketball on Twitter (@PacificMensBB) and on Instagram at pacificmensbb.
In addition, fans can download the Pacific Tigers App, which is available for both IOS and android devices. Once you have downloaded the App you can select your favorites and receive up to date notifications on releases and scores.