STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific men's basketball team will open its weekend on the road at Saint Mary's on Thursday night.
at Saint Mary's (14-9, 5-3 WCC)
Thursday, February 7, 2019
8:05 p.m. • McKeon Pavilion
Where to Watch
Thursday's contest between the Tigers and Gaels will be broadcasted on ESPNU. Tipoff for the event will be at 8:05 p.m.
Infiniti Timeout Challenge
Just a reminder Damon Stoudamire is 1-of-48 Division I coaches and the only from the WCC to be participating in this year's Infiniti Timeout For The Win Campaign. For every timeout Coach Stoudamire calls $1 will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Other ways to help Coach Stoudamire:
- Vote for him each day at INFINITITIMEOUT.com
- Post a picture of you calling a timeout and post it to your Twitter or Instagram using #TIMEOUTFTW and #COACHDAMONSTOUDAMIRE
- Retweet Twitter posts that Coach Stoudamire posts that include #TIMEOUTFTW
- Coached by Damon Stoudamire in his third season.
- 13-11, 3-6 WCC
- 9-4 at home
- 4-7 on the road
- Points Per Game: Roberto Gallinat (14.7)
- Rebounds Per Game: Jahlil Tripp (6.0)
- Assists Per Game: Jahlil Tripp (2.8)
- Field Goal %: Jahlil Tripp (56.2)
- FT %: Lafayette Dorsey (87.5)
- 3-PT FG %: Ajare Sanni (38.7)
- Coached by Randy Bennett in his 18th season.
- 14-9, 5-3 WCC
- 11-2 at home
- 2-4 on the road
- 1-3 at neutral venues
- Points Per Game: Jordan Ford (21.9)
- Rebounds Per Game: Malik Fitts (7.8)
- Assists Per Game: Tommy Kuhse (3.1)
- Field Goal %: Jordan Hunter (60.7)
- FT %: Jordan Ford (81.4)
- 3-PT FG %: Jordan Ford (42.6)
Last Time Out
- The Pacific men's basketball team knocked down six three-pointers and outscored Pepperdine, 19-7 in the final seven minutes and 20 seconds of regulation to defeat the Waves, 66-59 at home this past Saturday.
- Lafayette Dorsey put forth his best all-around performance of the season, leading all players with 20 points, 7 rebounds, and four assists.
- Roberto Gallinat went 5-for-8 from the field, which included a 3-for-4 effort from long range, en route to 16 points scored.
- Jahlil Tripp scored 13 points for the Tigers, while Anthony Townes matched Dorsey's team-leading seven rebounds.
- Pacific and Saint Mary's meet for the 116th time in program history. Saint Mary's leads the all-time series, 73-42, which includes a 21-35 record at McKeon Pavilion in Moraga, Calif.
- Tigers are winless against the Gaels since rejoining the WCC in 2013-14.
- Saint Mary's has won the last 11 meetings against Pacific.
- Pacific's last win (76-66) against Saint Mary's came at the DirecTV Classic in Anaheim, Calif. on November 23, 2019.
- In the last three seasons, the games played in Moraga have been decided by 15.3 points per game, compared to 3.7 points per game in Stockton, Calif.
Three Pacific players average double-figures in scoring …
From the Stripe
As a team, Pacific is ranked 26th-nationally in free throw percentage (75.5). It is second overall in made free throws (417) and 11th in free throw attempts (552). Lafayette Dorsey is 26th among all Division I players with an 87.5 percentage from the charity stripe. Roberto Gallinat is 12th with 133 made free throws.
WCC Player of the Week
The Tigers have had two WCC Player of the Week selections this season:
Ajare Sanni was named WCC Player of the Week on December 31, 2018 after shooting 50 percent (8-16) from the field, including a 60 percent (3-5) effort from beyond the arc, and 80 percent (4-5) from the free throw line for a team-leading 23 points in the Tigers win over UC Irvine on Saturday. His game totals included two steals, one assist, and one rebound.
Anthony Townes snagged conference weekly honors on December 17, 2018 following following two stellar performances that helped the Tigers to a 2-0 finish, with wins over Long Beach State (74-68) and Cal State Northridge (79-77). Townes averaged 19 points with 70.6 percent shooting from the field and 93.3 percent shooting from the free throw line. In addition, he averaged 7.5 rebounds.
Fans be sure to follow Pacific men's basketball on Twitter (@PacificMensBB) and on Instagram at pacificmensbb.
In addition, fans can download the Pacific Tigers App, which is available for both IOS and android devices. Once you have downloaded the App you can select your favorites and receive up to date notifications on releases and scores.