STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific men's basketball team will see another tough opponent this weekend at BYU on Saturday night.
at BYU (15-10, 7-3 WCC)
Saturday, February 9, 2019
6:00 p.m. PT • Marriott Center
Where to Watch
Saturday night's game against the Cougars will be produced by BYUtv.
Infiniti Timeout Challenge
Just a reminder Damon Stoudamire is 1-of-48 Division I coaches and the only from the WCC to be participating in this year's Infiniti Timeout For The Win Campaign. For every timeout Coach Stoudamire calls $1 will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Other ways to help Coach Stoudamire:
- Vote for him each day at INFINITITIMEOUT.com
- Post a picture of you calling a timeout and post it to your Twitter or Instagram using #TIMEOUTFTW and #COACHDAMONSTOUDAMIRE
- Retweet Twitter posts that Coach Stoudamire posts that include #TIMEOUTFTW
- Coached by Damon Stoudamire in his third season.
- 13-12, 3-7 WCC
- 9-4 at home
- 4-8 on the road
- Points Per Game: Roberto Gallinat (14.9)
- Rebounds Per Game: Jahlil Tripp (5.9)
- Assists Per Game: Jahlil Tripp (2.9)
- Field Goal %: Jahlil Tripp (56.1)
- FT %: Lafayette Dorsey (86.6)
- 3-PT FG %: Ajare Sanni (38.7)
- Coached by Dave Rose in his 14th season.
- 15-10, 7-3 WCC
- 11-2 at home
- 3-7 on the road
- 1-1 at neutral venues
- Points Per Game: Yoeli Childs (21.0)
- Rebounds Per Game: Yoeli Childs (9.6)
- Assists Per Game: TJ Haws (4.9)
- Field Goal %: Yoeli Childs (52.2)
- FT %: TJ Haws (85.0)
- 3-PT FG %: Zac Seljaas (36.1)
Last Time Out
- Tigers fell to Saint Mary's in Moraga by a score of 78-66 on Thursday night.
- Pacific shot 66.7 percent from the field and 80 percent from beyond the arc in the first half, but was held to just 27 points and was out-rebounded by the Gaels 20-11 in the second half.
- Tripp led all Tiger players with 23 points and six assists.
- Gallinat scored 20 points, while Jeremiah Bailey totaled 16 points thanks to a 3-for-3 effort from three-point range.
- Pacific and BYU meet for the 18th time in program history. The Cougars lead the all-time series, 11-6.
- Pacific is 3-8 against BYU since rejoining the West Coast Conference in 2013-14. The Tigers have won two games at the Alex G. Spanos Center and one in Provo, Utah.
- The Orange and Black split its series last season, including a win at home (67-66).
- Pacific's lone victory over BYU at the Marriott Center came by a final of 77-72 of Feb. 6, 2016.
Three Pacific players average double-figures in scoring …
From the Stripe
As a team, Pacific is second in the NCAA in made free throws (431) and 11th in free throw attempts (572). Roberto Gallinat moved up to 11th-nationally in made free throws (140) after a 7-7 performance at the line against Saint Mary's on Feb. 2, 2019. The senior guard from Atlanta, Georgia ranks 26th with 162 free throw attempts.
WCC Player of the Week
The Tigers have had two WCC Player of the Week selections this season:
Ajare Sanni was named WCC Player of the Week on December 31, 2018 after shooting 50 percent (8-16) from the field, including a 60 percent (3-5) effort from beyond the arc, and 80 percent (4-5) from the free throw line for a team-leading 23 points in the Tigers win over UC Irvine on Saturday. His game totals included two steals, one assist, and one rebound.
Anthony Townes snagged conference weekly honors on December 17, 2018 following following two stellar performances that helped the Tigers to a 2-0 finish, with wins over Long Beach State (74-68) and Cal State Northridge (79-77). Townes averaged 19 points with 70.6 percent shooting from the field and 93.3 percent shooting from the free throw line. In addition, he averaged 7.5 rebounds.
Fans be sure to follow Pacific men's basketball on Twitter (@PacificMensBB) and on Instagram at pacificmensbb.
In addition, fans can download the Pacific Tigers App, which is available for both IOS and android devices. Once you have downloaded the App you can select your favorites and receive up to date notifications on releases and scores.