STOCKTON, Calif. – After a three-week hiatus the Pacific men's golf team will hit the links this week when they compete in the Sacramento State Invitational.
For the first round Pacific will be paired up with Fresno State and Weber State. The three squads will tee off at 8:30 a.m. on holes 10, 11, and 12.
Live stats for the tournament will be provided via golfstat.com
Sacramento State Invitational
Course: Valley Hi Country Club (Sacramento, Calif.)
Holes/Par/Yardage: 18 holes, par 72, 7,010
When: Monday, March 4, 2019 - Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Format: 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes on Tuesday. Both days will be a shotgun start.
Participating Teams: British Columbia, Cal Poly, Cal Baptist, Cal State Fullerton, Fresno State, Grand Canyon, Long Beach State, Omaha, Sacramento State, Seattle, Sierra Nevada College, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, and Weber State.
HITTING THE GREEN
The Tigers traveled six players for this upcoming week's tournament:
LAST TIME OUT
- Pacific snagged its highest finish under the direction of head coach John Cook, taking 12th at the prestigious Amer Ari Invitational at the Waikoloa Kings' Course in Waikoloa, Hawaii.
- Despite an 8-over score on the final day, Pacific shot rounds of 290-278-296 en route to an even-par 864.
- Fox led the pack with a 13th place finish after recording a 6-under 210 for the three-round event.
- Scott was second for the Tigers with a 214, while Burnes totaled 215 and Horsangchai rounded out the scoring with a 225.
- Fox leads the Tigers with a 72.40 average through 15 rounds this year. He has compiled 57 birdies and has three top-20 finishes.
- Scott follows closely to Fox with a 73.67 stroke average.
- Horsangchai continues to hold down the third spot for the Tigers, averaging a 74.80.
- Burnes is coming off of his best performance this season, shooting one-under par to open the spring season. Overall, he has compiled a stroke average of 75.80. He also is third on the team with 35 total birdies on the year.