STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific men's golf team will be traveling West this week for the USF-hosted Olympic Club Intercollegiate in San Francisco, Calif.
The Tigers are paired with Loyola Marymount, Nevada, and UC Davis for the first two rounds on Monday afternoon.
Live stats for the tournament will be provided via golfstat.com
Olympic Club Intercollegiate
Course: The Olympic Club - Lake Course
Holes/Par/Yardage: Round 1 - 6,942 yards; Round 2 - 6,840 yards; Round 3 - 6,891yards
When: Monday, March 11, 2019 – Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Format: The event will include two rounds of 18 holes to be played on Monday and a final round of 18 holes on Tuesday.
Participating Teams: BYU, California Baptist, Cal Poly, Cal State Monterey Bay, Cal State Fullerton, Loyola Marymount, Nevada, Sacramento State, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Seattle, UC Davis.
HITTING THE GREEN
The Tigers traveled six players for this upcoming week's tournament:
LAST TIME OUT
- The Tigers registered their best finish of the 2018-19 academic year with its fifth place finish at the Sacramento State Invitational last week. Pacific finished just one stroke out of fourth with an 867 (+3).
- After shooting a team-high 75 in the first round, Beau Forest rebounded nicely, shooting a 68 and 72 in the final two rounds for a team-best finish of 16th (215, -1).
- Casey Scott and Daniel Peña each shot a two-over 218.
- Fox leads the Tigers with a 72.67 stroke average and 64 birdies.
- Scott has a 73.50 stroke average in his six events this year.
- Forest is coming off of his best performance of the year, finishing with his first top-10 finish at last week's event. He shoots 74.53 with 35 birdies.