STOCKTON, Calif. – With just two days rest, the Pacific men's golf team hits the links against on Friday for start GCU Invitational, hosted by Grand Canyon University, in Phoenix, Ariz.
The Tigers will tee off at 8:00 a.m. with Texas El Paso, UT-Rio Grande Valley, and Wyoming.
Live stats for the tournament will be provided via golfstat.com
Course: GCU Championship Golf Course
Holes/Par/Yardage: Par 71 – Day 1: 7,200 yards | Day 2: 7,136 yards
When: Friday, March 15 - Saturday, March 16, 2019
Format: Shotgun, 54 holes (two rounds of 18 holes played on Friday and a final round of 18 holes on Saturday)
Participating Teams: Tournament host — Columbia, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, Idaho, Missouri, Missouri-Kansas City, Northern Colorado, North Dakota State, Omaha, Samford, Sacramento State, Texas-El Paso, UC Riverside, UT-Rio Grande Valley, University of Wyoming, Western State, Wichita State.
HITTING THE GREEN
The Tigers traveled the following six players for this weekend's tournament:
LAST TIME OUT
- The Tigers finished ninth out of 13 programs which competed at the Olympic Club Intercollegiate in San Francisco this past Monday and Tuesday.
- Fox had a stellar final round, shooting a team-best two over-par to lead the Tigers with a 20th place finish (219, +6).
- Scott secured a top-40 finish with a 224 (+11).
- As a team, Pacific ranked fourth in the field with a -3 in Par 5 shooting.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Scott snagged his first-collegiate victory at the GCU Invitational last season with a six under-par 207.
- Pacific also earned its top finish for the 2018 season, claiming second behind nationally-ranked Missouri with an 852 (E).