Sep 22, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific men's tennis team competed in day two of the Battle in the Bay Classic in the consolation rounds.
In Case You Missed It:
- Akram El Sallaly and Philip Hjorth dropped their doubles match to Chrysochos and Boetzer of Wake Forest by a score of 8-6.
- Tadiwa Chinamo won his first singles match in the consolation round in two straight sets over the University of Georgia's Robert Loeb by scores of 6-2 and 7-5. He fell in the semifinals to Josh Ortlip in two sets by a score of 6-4.
- Ross Watson defeated Dave Woodland of USF in his consolation singles match in two straight by scores of 7-5 and 6-1.
- Akram El Sallaly fell in his consolation singles match in three sets to Catagay Soke of Fresno State. He trailed 1-0 in the match but claimed the second set by a score of 6-3 to tie up the match before dropping in the third set, 10-8.
- Watson and El Sallaly will play in bonus matches on Sunday, September 23 to close out the Battle in the Bay Classic.