Sep 29, 2018
DAVIS, Calif. – The University of the Pacific men's tennis team competed in day two of the UC Davis Invite on Saturday.
In Case You Missed It:
- In singles, Chris Ma fell in his first round to SCU in two straight by scores of 6-2 and 6-0.
- Chris Cajigan dropped his first set to Donald Hall of Sacramento State (6-2, 6-3), before claiming a victory in round two (7-6, 6-2) against opponent Jackson Hawk of SMU.
- Nathan Hampton came up short, dropping both rounds in three sets. Round one, he fell to Bernardo Morales of Sacramento State, 0-6, 6-2, 8-10. In round two, Issa Yoshida of Portland edged out the victory over Hampton, 6-1, 1-6, 10-1.
- Levent Sever dropped his first match 6-0 and 6-3 to Benjamin Campi of Nevada and was short in round two (6-1 and 7-6 (5)) against Saint Mary's Akbar Mamirov.
- Johnathan Lieu pulled out a victory, defeating his Saint Mary's opponent in two straight sets, 6-1 and 6-2.
- In doubles, Sever and Hampton defeated Hawk and Reckow of Saint Mary's in round one (8-7 (6)), before dropping in round two to Mamirov and Lee (SMC), 8-6.
- Ma and Cajigan were defeated by Portland (8-5) and Saint Mary's (8-3).
The Tigers will close out the final round of the UC Davis Invite on Sunday, September 30.