STOCKTON, Calif. - Even with four Tigers scoring in double digits and Jessica Blakeslee grabbing 11 boards, the Tigers fell to the Brown Bears 74-57 Saturday afternoon in the final game of the Tiger Turkey Tip-Off at the Alex G. Spanos Center.
The loss drops the Tigers to 3-2 overall, while Brown improves to 4-1.
In Case You Missed It
- Despite a slow start from the Tigers, Ameela Li posted 10 points including a buzzer beater at halftime to bring the Tigers within eight points heading into the break. The junior finished with a 50 FG% with a pair of steals and 2-3 from behind the arc.
- The Tigers held the advantage in rebounds with 46 and exploded with offensive rebounds with 19. Pacific's bench also outscored the Bears bench 22-11, steals 11-9 and assists 11-10.
- Pacific held Brown to 16 points in the 4th quarter keeping them scoreless for over five minutes.
- Four Tigers finished in double digits with GeAnna Luaulu-Summers pacing the squad with 11 points while Desire Finnie, Ameela Li, Anaya Brooklyn McDavid each tallied 10 points.
- Brown committed 19 turnovers allowing Pacific to turn the Bears mistakes into 21 points.
Head Coach Bradley Davis' Take
We had a lot of missed opportunities today. We were rebounding with a bigger intensity than in the past. We didn't convert on a lot in the first half, but we did a better job of converting on second chances in the second half, but we can't miss that many shots moving forward. Now we look forward to Lamar, we know they are a good team and are very athletic. They had 20 wins last year and we are going to come ready to play.
Things You Need To Know
- PACIFIC PILES ON POINTS: Pacific is averaging 85.0 points per game, which leads the West Coast Conference and is good enough for being top 25 nationally.
- BOARDING BLAKESLEE: Jessica Blakeslee recorded a career high 11 rebounds racking up eight defensive and three offensive boards.
- TEAM LEADERS: Five Tigers are averaging double digit points per game with Luaulu-Summers leading the team with 15.2 points per game followed by McDavid (11.8), Finnie (11.2), Li (11.0), and Chelsea Lidy (10.0). Four players are also averaging over 50 FG%: McDavid (60.5), Lidy (55.6), Li (50.0) and Finnie (50.0).
The Tigers get a four day break before they host the Lamar Cardinals on Thursday, November 30 at 7:05 p.m. PST at the Alex G. Spanos Center to cap off their six homestand. Live stats are available for the contest and a free live stream is available for free via TheW.tv.
Follow the Tigers
For more information about the Pacific women's basketball team, be sure to follow @Pacific_Hoops on Twitter and @pacificwbb on Instagram.
Pacific women's basketball fans can follow all of the action as if they were in the front row of every game, providing access to score updates, statistics, game recaps and more with the new Pacific Tigers Front Row app available for free in the App Store and Google Play.