PALO ALTO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific field hockey team dropped a close contest to #25 Stanford on Friday night.
TheTigers fall to 6-5 overall, while the Cardinal improve to 6-3 on the season.
In Case You Missed It:
- Midway through the first half, Stanford scored the first goal of the game and increased the lead five minutes later to lead 2-0.
- In the final 10 minutes, the Tigers received a penalty corner and Kriekie van Wyk hit the shot to the right side of the cage, off the corner, to put the Tigers on the board, 2-1.
By the Numbers:
- The Orange and Black tied Stanford in shots with 10.
- Van Wyk increased her goal streak to five consecutive games. She attempted six shots with all of them landing on target with one goal.
- Marlise van Tonder grabbed six saves in 70 minutes of action.
The Tigers open conference action on Sunday, September 30, hosting the University of California with game time set for 2:00 p.m.