Nov 03, 2018
Pacific women's soccer fell in the final game of the 2018 season, 7-0, to No. 5 Santa Clara.
- Santa Clara opened the scoring in the 18th minute with a goal from Natalie Kennedy. Maria Sanchez assisted on it.
- In the 24th minute, Kelsey Turnbow scored on a goal assisted by Skylar Smith to make it 2-0.
- In the 31st minute, Maddy Gonzalez scored on a goal assisted by Sanchez and Alex Loera to make it 3-0.
- In the 39th minute, Kennedy scored a headed goal assisted by Sanchez.
- Pacific took six shots in the half, four of which challenged the Broncos' goalkeeper.
- Freshman Isabella Pariente, who entered as a substitute, led the way with two shots and one on goal.
- In the 46th minute, the Tigers conceded a penalty kick to the Broncos. Briar Blake converted to make the game 5-0.
- In the 56th minute, Santa Clara scored following a goal from Julie Doyle, that Sanchez assisted on to make it 6-0.
- In the 63rd minute, the Tigers looked to pull one back when Sigrid Aas put a ball into the back of the net, but the goal was called offside.
- In the 80th minute, Melissa Ma entered the game to play in goal in her final career game. Ma has dealt with injuries the last two seasons, the appearance in goal was her first since October 29, 2016.
- In the 82nd minute, a shot was deflected into the net off of a Pacific player to make it 7-0.
- Regan Heslop's 12 saves were her second most on the season and the third time she totaled double-digit saves on the season. She finished the season with 112 saves, good for the third most in single-season history for the Tigers.