PALO ALTO, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell in their double-header to Portland State and Colorado State in day two of the Demarini Invite.
The Tigers dropped a 7-0 decision against the Vikings and a 10-0 game against the Rams moving their overall record to 2-6 following Friday's affair.
Portland State moves to 3-4 and Colorado State improves to 4-1 on the season.
Pacific vs. Portland State - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers would give up four runs through the first four innings and be held scoreless during that stretch to fall behind against the Vikings.
- Ralene Estrada would cast the only hit for UOP off a single to third base in the bottom of the third. This would mark the junior's first hit of the season.
- Bethany Hammer and Kenya Lindstrom split time in the circle for the Tigers with Hammer getting the start. The right-handed ace would go 4.2 innings striking out a pair of batters and giving up four earned runs. Lindstrom dealt 2.1 innings giving up just one earned run.
Pacific vs. Colorado State - In Case You Missed It:
- Pacific would also struggle at the plate in the second half of their double-header tallying just two hits in the ball game.
- A Hailey Reed double presented a good scoring opportunity for the Tigers but the Rams would retire two consecutive batters to keep UOP scoreless.
- The Tigers would hold CSU to just one run through two innings before giving up six runs in the bottom of the third.
- Madison Kahwaty and Madeline Domingo each snagged a hit in the top of the fifth putting runners on the bases but unfortunately they would be left stranded.
Up Next For The Tigers:
- Pacific wraps up the Stanford Classic and will head up to Davis, Calif. this Tuesday, Feb. 19th, for a midweek matchup against UC Davis.
- Gametime for both teams is scheduled for 2:30 PM at La Rue Field. Live stats of the game will be provided.
- The Aggies are 4-2 on the year, coming off a 4-2 upset against reigning WCC champs BYU on Friday at the UNLV Invite.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.