STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team hosts it's first home game of the 2019 season this weekend (Feb. 22nd - 24th) at the annual Libby Matson Tournament.
The Tigerss (2-6) will be taking on California Baptist (2-4), University of Nevada-Reno (3-4), and rv Oregon State (8-2) during the three-day tournament at Bill Simoni Field.
LIBBY MATSON TOURNAMENT INFO:
-Location: Bill Simoni Field | Stockton, CA
-Links: Tournament Central
Last Time Out:
- The Tigers traveled to the Bay Area last weekend and competed in Stanford's Demarini Invite in Palo Alto.
- Pacific would drop three matches to the tournament host Cardinal, Portland State, and Colorado State before having their time cut short due to inclement weather.
REED RACKING 'EM UP:
- Junior pitcher Hailey Reed has been a force in the circle for the Tigers as of late. The right-handed ace currently ranks 89th in the nation in strikeouts with 25 K's. Reed's strikeouts rank second in the West Coast Conference.
- The Topeka, Kansas native pitched a career-high 13 strikeouts in Pacific's game against against Utah State earlier this month. She would become just the sixth Tiger in UOP history to record 13 K's in a game.
- Reed also currently leads the team in innings pitched with 17.0.
- Bradi Kooyman carries a .304 batting average at the plate to lead the Tigers this season.
- The junior infielder has seven hits in 23 at bats to go along with a team-best three doubles this year. The Lodi, Calif. native also holds a .435 slugging percentage.
- Kooyman recorded two doubles and an RBI for the Orange and Black in their game against Stanford last Friday.
TICKETS/LIBBY MATSON INFO:
- Tickets to the Libby Matson Tournament this weekend can be purchased online, or on gameday at the box office.
- All of Pacific's games will be streamed online via Stadium.
- Live stats and social media coverage will also be available for each game of the Libby Matson Classic.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
- vs. California Baptist (2-4)
- Tha Lancers are coming off a 8-0 victory against Fresno State this past Monday (Feb. 18th).
- Brittany Galvez leads CBU with a team-best .368 batting clip and 15 total bases. The third baseman had a home run and three RBI in the Lancers' win against the Bulldogs.
- vs. Nevada-Reno (3-4)
- Ashley Salausa carries the Wolfpack with a .350 batting average. The sophomore outfielder also has five RBI's on the year.
- In the circle, freshman ace Kendall Fritz has made three starts and five appearances for UNR. Fritz has pitched two complete games and including one shutout performance against Nicholls.
- vs. rv Oregon State (8-2)
- The Beavers are currently on a two-game losing streak dropping games against Ole Miss and Long Beach State at LBSU's Stacy Winsberg Tournament last weekend.
- Despite the two losses, Oregon State is off to it's best start since the 2016 season when they made an NCAA Regional appearance.
- The Beavers are currently tied for 42nd in the nation in home runs per game (1.0) and sit 25th overall in stolen bases per game (2.1).
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.