STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team split their home opener double-header against Oregon State and California Baptist on Friday.
In their first two home games of the season, The Tigers dropped a 12-3 decision against the Beavers and pulled out a 1-0 victory against the Lancers in the first day of their annual Libby Matson Tournament. Pacific's overall record moves 3-7 following Friday's affair.
Oregson State moves improves to 10-2 and CBU drops to 2-6 on the season.
Pacific vs. Oregon State - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers fell behind the Beavers early in the top of the second, 3-0, but would respond with one run of their own as an OSU error allowed Madison Kahwaty to score their first run of the night.
- Pacific would struggle to find their rhythm at the plate recording just three hits for the game.
- A six-run top half of the fourth by Oregon State allowed the Beavers to pull ahead in front for the victory.
- Pacific drew eight walks in the contest to put runners on base.
Pacific vs. California Baptist - In Case You Missed It:
- Hailey Reed threw a dominant game in the pitcher's circle for the Tigers. The junior utility tossed a complete game shutout with seven strikeouts and just two walks allowed.
- Following a double by Caity Sung, a two-out Talli Shepherd single to left center in the third inning gave the Orange and Black their only run of the night.
- Despite a runner on third base in the top seventh, Reed should composure in the circle when it mattered most striking out a Lancer batter for the final out of the ball game.
Up Next For The Tigers:
- Pacific will take on the University of Nevada in day two of the Libby Matson Tournament tomorrow.
- Game time for the two teams is scheduled for a 1:15 PM first pitch.
- The Wolfpack, 4-5, dropped a 5-1 decision to Oregon State earlier on Friday.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.