STOCKTON, Calif. - The women's softball team dropped their lone game on Saturday afternoon to the Nevada Wolfpack. The Tigers would be topped by UNR by a final score of 10-0.
UOP falls to 3-8 on the year following the loss. The Wolfpack improve to 6-5 on the year.
Pacific vs. Nevada - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers suffered a 10-0 top half of the second as UNR poured in ten runs to get ahead early.
- Two singles by Hailey Reed and Caity Sung in the bottom fourth gave the Orange and Black a chance to put a run on the board but Nevada would halt UOP's drive as a groundout by Bradi Kooyman ended the inning.
- Myka Sutherlin would make her fourth appearance on the season in relief of starting pitcher Bethany Hammer. The freshman finished with a career-high five strikeouts and allowed just three hits in 3.1 innings of work.
Up Next For The Tigers:
- Pacific will wrap up their home tournament on Sunday with games against California Baptist and Oregon State
- The doubleheader tomorrow will kick off with a 10:00 AM game against the Beavers (11-2) followed by a 12:15 PM matchup against the Lancers (2-8). Both events will be live streamed.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.