STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team split their final day of competition at the Libby Matson Classic on Sunday.
The Tigers would fall to rv Oregon State, 8-0, but pull off a 4-2 victory against California Baptist to end the weekend with a record of 4-9. Oregon State moves to 12-2 on the year while CBU drops to 2-9.
Pacific vs. Oregon State - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers would give up four runs in the fourth and four runs in the seventh to have Oregon State pull ahead for the lead.
- Bradi Kooyman gave UOP a chance to score kicking off the bottom half of the second with a leadoff double. Unfortunately the junior first baseman would remain stranded at second base as OSU kept the Tigers without a run.
- Kooyman led the Orange and Black in the game with two hits.
- Hailey Reed and Myka Sutherlin would split time in the circle as Reed pitched 4.0 innings of work and Sutherlin came in relief. The pitching duo each recorded a strikeout.
Pacific vs. California Baptist - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers were fueled in the second inning by a grand slam off the bat of Jessica Mabrey. With the bases loaded, the freshman utility shot a ball over to left field for her second home run of the season. This would also be the first home run for the Tigers at Bill Simoni this year.
- Hailey Reed would close things off for the Tigers in the top seventh striking out two batters with the bases loaded. This would mark the junior pitcher's second career save. Her two strikeouts in the game brings her K total to 32 on the year, a team-best for the Topeka, Kansas native.
- Kenya Lindstrom got the start for UOP in their game against the Lancers. the senior pitched 6.1 innings striking out a pair of batters and giving up just two earned runs.
Up Next For The Tigers:
- The Tigers head down south next weekend as they play at the Gaucho Classic hosted by UC Santa Barbara.
- There UOP will face off against UCSB (4-9), Bowling Green (4-4), and Long Island Brooklyn (8-6).
- The Orange and Black are set to take on BGSU to kick off the weekend on Saturday, March 2nd, at 9:00 AM.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.