STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team opened day one of the Louisville Slugger Tournament with a 9-4 loss to No. 24 Boise State on Friday. The Tigers move to 4-10 on the year while the Broncos improve to 16-2.
Pacific vs. Boise State - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers allowed five early runs in the first two innings of the game to fall behind against the Broncos.
- Pacific would show some fight in the bottom half of the third, however, as a 2-RBI single up the middle by Hailey Reed drove in Ralene Estrada and Carly Lucchetti giving the Tigers some life.
- UOP would break through at the plate in the fifth inning as a leadoff double by Madison Kahwaty followed by a single by Lucchetti put another run on the board. The Tigers would add another in the inning after a Caity Sung RBI-single.
- Pacific would be held to just one hit and leave two runners on through the final two innings of play as the Broncos pulled away for the victory.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- Pacific resumes their weekend tournament with day two of the Louisville Slugger Classic tomorrow at Bill Simoni Field.
- The Tigers will face off against Fairleigh Dickinson (4-7) and Sacramento State (8-8).
- Weather permitting, both games are scheduled for a 2:30 PM and 4:15 PM start.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.