STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team split their two games on Saturday with a 3-0 win over Fairleigh Dickinson (4-9) and 3-1 loss to Sacramento State (9-9).
The Tigers move to 5-11 following Saturday's contests. Pacific wraps up the Louisville Slugger tomorrow with another double header against FDU and Sac State.
Pacific vs. Fairleigh Dickinson – In Case You Missed It:
- Hailey Reed was lights out in the circle for the Orange and Black. The junior utility tied her career-high with 13 strikeouts in her complete game shutout of the Knights.
- Reed's complete game victory was backed by a two-RBI performance by Madison Hopper in the bottom first and solo home run by freshman Jessica Mabrey in the fourth which put the Tigers ahead, 3-0.
- The Topeka, Kansas native would snag seven of her 13 K's in the final 4.0 innings of the game.
- Reed matched both her season-high and career-high with her 13 strikeouts against the Knights. She last set this mark on Feb. 9thagainst Utah State at the Fullerton Classic.
- She currently ranks in the top 100 in NCAA Division-1 softball with 48 K's on the year. Reed is averaging 9.42 strikeouts per seven innings this season.
Pacific vs. Sac State – In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers fell late in a battle with Nor Cal rival Sacramento State on Saturday night. Myka Sutherlin would throw 4.1 scoreless innings of work before handing over the Hornets' first run of the ball game as Sac State tallied two runs in the fifth inning.
- The Tigers had their best chance at knotting up the score in the sixth inning two singles by Reed and Mabrey scored the first Tiger run and put runners on first and second with one out.
- Sac State would find a way to halt UOP's drive however, stranding both runners and getting themselves out of the inning.
- Freshman pitcher Myka Sutherlin struck out a career-high seven batters in her third start of the season for the Tigers.
- The Gilbert, Ariz. native's previous career-mark was five against the University of Nevada at the Libby Matson Tournament (Feb. 23rd).
- Sutherlin ranks second on the team in innings pitched, 23.0, and strikeouts, 20.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- UOP wraps up day three of their Louisville Slugger Tournament with a double header against Sac State and Fairleigh Dickinson.
- The Tigers will take on the Hornets at 12:15 PM at Bill Simoni Field followed by a 2:30 PM matchup against the Knights.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.