STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team will host four games this Spring break against Bucknell (6-10) and the University of North Dakota (11-13).
The Tigers, 6-12 overall, return to Bill Simoni Field this Wednesday and Thursday following their Louisville Slugger Tournament last weekend.
UOP will host their first double header versus the Bison on Wednesday, March 13th, at 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM and will take on the Fighting Hawks on Thursday, March 14th, at 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.
Location: Bill Simoni Field | Stockton, CA
Last Time Out:
- The Orange and Black hosted their second tournament of the season last weekend at the Louisville Slugger Tournament.
- Pacific would go 2-3 on the weekend, sweeping games with Fairleigh Dickinson and dropping their games against Sacramento State and No. 24 Boise State.
REED RACKIN EM' UP:
- Junior pitcher Hailey Reed has been dynamite in the circle for the Tigers as of late. The Topeka, Kansas native continues to lead the Orange and Black's pitching rotation this year ranking in the top 100 (64th) in the nation in total strikeouts with 54 K's.
- Reed took home two wins over the weekend and tied her career and season-high, 13 strikeouts, in UOP's first win over Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday. She would reach this mark earlier in the season against Utah State.
- The third-year utility also leads the team in wins (3), ERA (2.45), and strikeouts per seven innings (9.45).
- Despite some growing pains at the plate to start off the year, freshman Jessica Mabrey has found her stride on the offensive end for the Tigers. The Scottsdale, Ariz. native went 8-14 in her at bats over the weekend accounting for three doubles, a triple, and three runs scored for UOP.
- Mabrey would also drive in a pair of runs at the Louisville Slugger Tournament, one of which was a home run shot to left field in the Tigers' 3-0 victory over FDU.
- Following the weekend, Mabrey now leads the team in RBI (10) and holds a .600 slugging percentage.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
- vs. Bucknell (6-10)
- The Bison are coming off a four-game losing streak against UNLV, Stanford, and UMass Lowell at Stanford's Cardinal Classic (March 8th-10th).
- Sophomore catcher Taylor Wolfgang currently leads her team with seven doubles, 12 RBI, and 26 total bases.
- Bucknell is set to take on Santa Clara and San Jose State on Tuesday prior to their doubleheader against the Tigers.
- vs. North Dakota (11-13)
- The Fighting Hawks are winners of two-straight taking a 3-2 win over UC Santa Barbara and 6-2 win over Montana at the Bulldog Classic last weekend.
- Junior outfielder Angel Love leads the team in batting average with a .360 batting clip. Love also has 41 total bases on the year, a team-high.
- In the circle, Jannay Jones will likely carry the load for North Dakota pitching seven complete games on the year and holding a team-best 2.25 ERA.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.