STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team trek down to San Jose, Calif. this weekend for the annual Spartan Classic.
The Tigers will play two games on Saturday starting with a 12:00 PM game against UMass Lowell (7-9) followed by a 2:30 PM matchup against hosts San Jose State (13-9).
-Pacific vs. UMass Lowell | Saturday, March 15th | 12:00 PM | Live Stats
-Pacific vs. San Jose State | Saturday, March 15th | 2:30 PM | Live Stats
Location: Spartan Softball Field | San Jose, CA
Last Time Out:
- Following two midweek sweeps of Bucknell and North Dakota, the Tigers look to add upon their hot streak heading into the weekend with a five-game winning streak.
- Hailey Reed snagged two wins against the Bison and Fighting Hawks moving her overall record to 5-4 on the season.
- Freshman Jessica Mabrey would lead UOP during their four-game stretch tallying four hits and four RBI's.
REED RACKIN EM' UP:
- Junior pitcher Hailey Reed has been a force in the circle for the Tigers as of late. The Topeka, Kansas native continues to lead the Orange and Black's pitching rotation this year ranking in the top 100 (67th) in the nation in total strikeouts with 67 K's.
- The third-year ace also leads the team in wins (5), ERA (2.46), and strikeouts per seven innings (8.69).
TIGERS AT THE PLATE:
- The Tigers have found her stride on the offensive end approaching the midway point of the year. Jessica Mabrey and Bradi Kooyman have picked up the load at the plate for the Orange and Black both holding combining for a total of 12 hits in the past six contests.
- Mabrey now leads the Tigers in RBI's with 14 on the season, tallying four on Thursday in Pacific's double header against North Dakota.
- Kooyman has registerd an RBI in three of her last five games for Pacific. The junior infielder is averaging a .290 batting clip, currently ranked second on the team behind Mabrey.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
- vs. UMass Lowell (7-9)
- Courtney Cashman has been the River Hawks go-to player on offense averaging a team-best .522 batting average in 46 plate appearances. The junior infielder carries 24 hits, 12 RBI, and 5 home runs into Saturday's contest.
- Ace Lovina Caprina will look to carry the load in the circle holding a 2.44 ERA for the River Hawks.
- vs. San Jose State (13-9)
- The Spartans are currently on a three-game winning streak taking victories over Weber State, Bucknell, and North Dakota this past week. San Jose State has outscored their opponentns 21-3 during those contests.
- Freshman infielder Arianna Miranda leads the team in home runs (3), RBI (13), and ranks second in total bases (31). Senior Madison Aurin will be another key player for the Spartans averaging .328 at the plate, a team-high, to go along with 21 hits and 32 total bases.
- Jenessa Ullegue leads SJSU in the circle with a 6-2 record and 2.13 ERA.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.