STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team enjoy a five-game homestand at Bill Simoni Field this week.
The Tigers (11-13) host a solo game against Iona (1-12) this coming Tuesday and take on both Rider University (1-16) and Marist College (8-9) in two doubleheaders slated for Thursday and Friday.
Location: Bill Simoni Field
Last Time Out:
- The Tigers took five out of their last six games over Spring break. Pacific swept Bucknell and North Dakota at home before splitting two games against UMass Lowell and San Jose State at the annual Spartan Classic on Saturday.
- Bradi Kooyman and Jessica Mabrey led the way for the Tigers in San Jose last weekend combining for four hits, four RBI, and three runs scored during their two-game stretch.
- Freshman Myka Sutherlin pitched her second complete game at the Spartan Classic matching her career-high in strikeouts with eight in UOP's contest against the River Hawks.
- The Tigers have found their groove at the plate approaching the midway point of the season. During this six-game stretch the Orange and Black have produced a total of 21 runs and 47 hits.
- Jessica Mabrey has evolved into a constant for UOP's offense tallying six hits and six RBI's for the team. The Scottsdale, Ariz. native currently leadss the team with 16 RBI's on the year.
- Bradi Kooyman has also matched Mabrey with six hits during the Tigers' stretch. The third year first-baseman holds a team-best in total hits (20) and batting average (.294) for UOP.
- Four Tigers carry hitting streaks heading into their five-game week.
REED RACKIN EM' UP:
- Junior pitcher Hailey Reed has stepped up big time for the Tigers in the circle as of late. The Topeka, Kansas native continues to lead the Orange and Black's pitching rotation ranking in the top 100 (67th) in the nation in total strikeouts with 70 K's this year. Reed has recorded a strikeout in each of her 12 apperances this season.
- The third-year ace also leads the team in wins (5), complete games(5), ERA (1.93), and strikeouts per seven innings (8.45).
- Reed went 4.0 innings and struck out three batters in the Tigers' game against San Jose State on Saturday.
HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE:
- The Tigers are currently 8-6 at Bill Simoni Field this year. Five out of their last six wins against opponents have come at home.
- Pacific has outscored their opponents 27-19 when facing them at Bill Simoni this season.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS:
- vs. Iona (1-12)
- Iona picked up it's first win of the season last Saturday at the Spartan Classic. The Gaels pulled off a 7-1 decision over UMass Lowell.
- Jessica Chilcott leads her team at the plate with 15 hits, five RBI's, and a .375 batting clip.
- Ace Kara Zazzaro has pitched five complete games for Iona. Zazzaro holds a team-best 2.14 ERA.
- vs. Rider (1-16)
- The Broncos are currently on a three-game skid falling to Santa Clara, Sac State, and UC Davis at the Capital Classic this past weekend.
- Rachel Zeides carries a .214 batting average. The junior infielder has a team-high 14 total bases on the year.
- vs. Marist (8-9)
- The Red Foxes have split three of their last six matchups. Marist swept Fairleigh Dickinson and took one out of two games against Santa Clara before dropping two games against Sac State and one against UC Davis at the Capital Classic.
- Junior outfielder Ali Milam will be the Red Foxes' go-to hitter knocking in 23 RBI's to go along with four home runs this year. Milam carries a team-best .423 batting clip for Marist.
- In the circle, Calista Phippen and Kallen Leeseberg both hold ERA's of 2.00 and under, with Phippen leading the team with a 1.42 ERA. The freshman ace has also pitched two shutouts for the Red Foxes this year currently holding an unblemished 6-0 record.
- Marist plays two double headers against Nevada and Saint Mary's prior to their matchup against the Tigers Friday night.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.