STOCKTON, Calif. The Pacific softball team took a 1-0 decision over Iona on Tuesday at Bill Simoni Field.
Pacific has won seven out of it's last eight contests. Iona drops to 1-13 on the year following the loss.
Pacific vs. Iona - In Case You Missed It:
- Freshman outfielder Carly Lucchetti put her team on the board late in the sixth inning against the Gaels crushing a first pitch ball over to right field for her first career home run. Lucchetti's bomb would come at a favorable time for UOP as neither team had produced a run at that point.
- The first year from Linden, Calif. finished with two hits on the day to go along with a stolen base. Lucchetti leads the team in runs scored with 13 this season.
- Hailey Reed earned her sixth win of the season for the Tigers following a complete game shutout. Reed pitched 7.0 innings tallying nine strikeouts in the game and allowing just two hits.
- The Topeka, Kansas native adds to her streak of games with a recorded strikeout now with 13 straight games. She also brings her K total to 79 on the year.
- The Tigers would strand five runners on base for the game against the Gaels.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- UOP heads back to Bill Simoni tomorrow as they host Rider University.
- Weather permitting, the Tigers will play a double header against the Broncos scheduled for a 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM start time.
- Rider is currently 1-16 on the year losing three-straight to Santa Clara, Sac State, and UC Davis.