STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team dropped their doubleheader against Marist College on Friday afternoon.
A late rally in extra innings in the Tigers' first game of the day would not be enough as they dropped a 5-3 decision to the Red Foxes and Pacific would eventually fall to Marist in the second game by a final score of 11-6.
Pacific snaps it's three-game winning streak as it drops to 14-15 on the year. Marist improves to 11-12 following Friday's contests.
Pacific vs. Marist (Game 1) - In Case You Missed It:
- After falling 3-0 to the Red Foxes in the third, the Tigers would chip at their deficit scoring one run in the bottom third, fourth, and seventh to tie up the ball game and send it into extras.
- Following a sacrifice bunt by Myka Sutherlin, a Marist throwing error in the bottom of the third would score senior Caitlin Reynolds all the way from first base to put Pacific's first run of the day on the board.
- Madison Kahwaty would step up to the plate in the following inning and crush a two-out solo home run to left field pulling UOP within reach, down 3-2. This would be Kahwaty's second straight game with a home run and the third of her freshman campaign. Kahwaty finished the first game going 2-3 at the plate with a home run and ruled double.
- In the bottom seventh, with two outs and the game on the line freshman Carly Lucchetti connected a clutch hit to right center for a triple. Hailey Reed would also make a big play on the following at bat as she drove an RBI-single through the right side scoring Lucchetti to knot up the game, 3-3.
- Marist would score two runs off three hits in the top of the eighth to retake a 5-3 lead. They would hold the edge after that point for the win.
- Hailey Reed pitched her seventh complete game of the season for the Tigers on Friday.
- The Topeka, Kansas native would strikeout six batters, tallying her ninth game with at least 5 or more K's.
- Carly Lucchetti registered her second triple of the season. She'd hit her first triple in the Tigers' first game of the year against Buffalo (Feb. 8th).
Pacific vs. Marist (Game 2) - In Case You Missed It:
- Reed kicked things off for the Tigers in the bottom half of the third hitting a solo home run to right field. This would be the first of the junior's career as well as the first run for the Orange and Black.
- Pacific got hot at the plate in the fourth as a three-run bomb from Bradi Kooyman gave the Tigers the lift they needed trimming down Marist's lead. This would be the Lodi, Calif. native's second of the year. The Tigers drove in three runs off three hits in the inning.
- Madison Kahwaty would strike her second solo home run of the day in the bottom of the seventh. The freshman infielder finished the day with two hits, three runs scored, and two RBI's. She would also tally four walks on the day.
- Madison Hopper would match Kahwaty's home run with another RBI hitting a two-out single to left field and scoring Caity Sung. Marist would hold onto their lead and finish out the game after that point, 11-6.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers play their final home game of the month as they host a midweek matchup against Oregon on Wednesday, March 27th.
- The Ducks hold an overall record of 11-19 this season. Oregon is coming off three losses on the road against No. 12 Arizona. The Ducks will host No. 7 Washington prior to making the trip down to Bill Simoni Field.
- Game time for the two teams is set for 6:00 PM.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.