STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell, 5-0, to the Oregon Ducks at home on Wednesday night.
UOP (14-16) would be held to no hits as the Ducks (12-16) tacked on three runs in the second and two runs in the final two innings of play to pull away for the victory.
Pacific vs. Oregon - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers would struggle at the plate Wednesday as Oregon pitcher Jordan Dail would not surrender a hit to the Orange and Black.
- Pacific had their best chance to drive in a run in the bottom of the fifth as two walks and a wild pitch would pin Caity Sung and Madeline Domingo at second and third with two outs. A 1-3 groundout by Talli Shepherd, however, would eventually end the inning for the Tigers and keep UOP scoreless.
- Kenya Lindstrom and Myka Sutherlin would split time in the circle for the Tigers with Lindstrom getting her ninth start of the season. The senior would go 6.0 innings striking out four batters and give up four earned runs. Sutherlin dealt an inning for her team and struck out a pair of batters.
- Pacific drew five walks and left four runners on base.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- UOP embarks on the start of it's three game road-trip as they head down to Fresno, Calif. for the annual Bulldog Classic.
- The Tigers will play a doubleheader Saturday, March 30th, as they take on both CSU Bakersfield (10-13) at 1:30 PM and hosts Fresno State (16-11) at 7:00 PM.
- The Roadrunners have won two straight as they took two of three games in their series with Cal Baptist last Saturday. FSU is coming off a 4-3 victory at home against San Jose State.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.