FRESNO, Calif. - The Pacific softball team dropped two games on Saturday at the Bulldog Classic to Cal State Bakersfield and Fresno State.
The Tigers, 14-18, would fall late in their game against the Roadrunners, 6-5, and lose their night cap game against tournament hosts Fresno State, 6-2.
Bakersfield moves to 12-15 and Fresno improves to 20-11 on the year.
Pacific vs. Cal State Bakersfield - In Case You Missed It:
- Pacific got ahead early as an RBI-walk by Taylor Covington and Bakersfield eror helped chipped in two runs through the first three innings and kept CSUB scoreless.
- UOP found themselves behind following the top of the fifth, however, as Bakersfield piled in three runs in the fourth and two runs in the fifth to take a 5-4 lead.
- In the top of the eighth, a double to CSUB's Chris Hipa would score a run and put them back on top, 6-5. Baskersfield would hold on to the win after that point.
- The Tigers had their bats working in their game against the Roadrunners as five players would record multiple hits. Hailey Reed lead the Orange and Black with three hits.
Pacific vs. Fresno State - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers struggled in their second game against Fresno State. UOP would allow the Bulldogs six runs off 13 hits.
- Madison Hopper put the Tigers' first runs on the board in the final inning following a two-run home run down the left field line. This would be the sophomore's first home run of the season.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers wrap up their three-game road trip on Wednesday as they travel down to Berkeley, Calif. for a game against Cal.
- The Golden Bears are currently 20-14 on the year.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.