BERKELEY, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell in their midweek game Wednesday night to Cal, 5-1.
The Tigers, 14-19, would score a run early in the first but allow four runs in the bottom half as the Golden Bears took a 4-1 lead and never looked back moving their record to 21-15.
Pacific vs. Cal - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers had a productive first inning to pull ahead of Cal as a walk by Hailey Reed and hit by pitch by Madison Kahwaty put runners on first and second with two outs. An RBI-single down the middle for Bradi Kooyman would deliver the Orange and Black's first run as they took an early 1-0 lead.
- UOP found themselves behind following the bottom half, however, as four errors allowed four Cal runs to score and have the Golden Bears go up 4-1. Cal would score another run in the bottom of the second to pull away.
- Myka Sutherlin got her seventh start of the season in the circle for UOP. The freshman right-hander pitched 6.0 innings of work allowing two earned runs while striking out four batters.
- Hailey Reed reached base safely on three out of her four trips at the plate against Cal. The junior would record three walks on the day for Pacific.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers get their first taste of WCC play as they head down to San Diego, Calif. this weekend for a three-game series with the University of San Diego.
- The Torreros currently hold a record of 15-18 on the year are coming off a 5-0 loss to Fresno State.
- USD will host the Tigers in their first game of the weekend on Saturday, April 6th, at 12:00 PM
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.