SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The Pacific softball team dropped their first pair of conference games on the road Saturday afternoon to the University of San Diego.
Pacific (14-21, 0-2) would drop a 5-2 decision in their first game and surrender a 3-2 lead late in the second game to USD (17-18, 2-0) to fall by a final score of 12-3.
Pacific vs. San Diego (Game 1): - In Case You Missed It:
- Pacific found themselves behind San Diego early as they surrendered five runs off two errors in the first inning to the Toreros. This put the Tigers in the hole down 5-0.
- UOP would struggle to find a rhythm at the plate until the sixth inning. In the top of the sixth, a double by Hailey Reed and walk by Jessica Mabrey put runners on with 1 out. Madison Kahwaty would then deliver a shot in the next at bat down the left field line scoring Reed and Mabrey for a two-RBI double. This put the Tigers back in contention, 5-2.
- Pacific would be held to no hits and no runners on in the final inning to end their first game with the Toreros.
Pacific vs. San Diego (Game 2): - In Case You Missed It:
- In the second half of their double header, the Tigers climbed back from a 2-0 deficit in the second driving in three runs to take a 3-2 lead.
- Pacific would draw three straight walks to load the bases and put Madeline Domingo at the plate. The sophomore catcher blasted a ball past the Toreros for a two-run double scoring both Madison Hopper and Bradi Kooyman. The Tigers would tack on another run off a passed ball scoring Domingo for the 3-2 edge over USD.
- UOP would be held to just one hit after that point as San Diego totalled seven runs in the fifth inning to pull away for the victory.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers wrap up their series with the Toreros tomorrow, Sunday, April 7th, at 12:00 PM
- Live stats of the game will be provided.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.