SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell in their final contest on Sunday against the University of San Diego, 9-1.
The Tigers drop their first conference series of the season falling to an overall record of 14-22, 0-3 in conference. San Diego moves to an even 18-18 on the year and a 3-0 start to WCC play.
Pacific vs. San Diego - In Case You Missed It:
- A 3-0 start by the Toreros put them up over Pacific following the first inning of play.
- The Tigers would show some fight in the top of the second as Carly Lucchetti squared up her bat and shot an RBI-single to center field scoring Madison Hopper on the play. This would be the only run scored for the Orange and Black in the game.
- The fifth inning showed some promise for Pacific as Hailey Reed led the inning off with a bunt single and a Madison Kahwaty walk placed runners on first and second. The Toreros would hold both runners, however, to end the inning.
- A four-run inning in the bottom third and two additional runs in the fifth would help USD pull off the victory over UOP on Sunday.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers regroup and head to Provo, Utah next weekend as they play a three-game series at BYU.
- The Cougars hold a 16-19 record this year, taking two of out of three games in their first WCC series against LMU this weekend.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.