PROVO, Utah - The Pacific softball team fell in their doubleheader to the BYU Cougars on Friday.
Pacific (14-25, 0-5) would drop a 10-2 decision in their first game and surrender a 3-2 lead late in the second game to the Cougars (18-19, 4-1) to fall by a final score of 12-3.
Pacific vs. BYU (Game 1): - In Case You Missed It:
- A slow start to both teams kept Pacific and BYU scoreless through 2.0 innings of play. The Tigers would find themselves behind heading into the bottom third, however, as BYU drove in five runs on three hits to secure a 5-0 advantage.
- Pacific showed some fight in them in the top half of the fifth as Jessica Mabrey blasted a ball to straightaway center field scoring Hailey Reed for a two-run home run. This would mark the Tigers' only runs of the game.
- One run in the fourth and a four-run inning in the bottom of the sixth for BYU would pin the score at 10-2 ending the game.
Pacific vs. BYU (Game 2): - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers had no trouble starting off their nightcap against the Cougars as Mabrey crushed another two-run home run this time to left field putting her team ahead early, 2-0. This would be the freshman utility's second of the day and her fourth RBI.
- After falling behind 5-2 to the Cougars, Pacific would bounce back in the fifth inning as a two-RBI double by Caity Sung and an RBI-double by Caitlin Reynolds knotted up the score at 5-5 a piece.
- BYU would add three runs in the bottom half but a three-run home run in the top sixth by Madison Kahwaty put the Orange and Black back in contention, 8-8.
- The Cougars would add three runs off four hits in the sixth to pull away for the win.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers end up their series with the Cougars tomorrow, Saturday, April 13th, at 12:00 PM
- Live stats and a live stream of the game will be provided.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.