PROVO, Utah - The Pacific softball team dropped their series finale against BYU on Saturday.
The Tigers (14-26, 0-6) would fall in five innings to the Cougars (19-19, 5-1) by a final score of 11-1.
Pacific vs. BYU: - In Case You Missed It:
- Following an eight run and 12 hit performance in their night cap on Friday night, the Orange and Black would struggle at the plate as BYU allowed just one run and two hits on the day.
- Pacific's only run of the contest would come in the second inning as Madison Hopper struck an RBI-single scoring Madison Kahwaty. Caity sung would deliver the Tigers' other hit in the inning off a single through the left side. The Tigers would leave two on base to end the inning.
- BYU pulled away early following a 3-0 bottom of the first and would hold onto their lead for the rest of the game.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers head back to Bill Simoni Field next weekend for a three-game series against Saint Mary's.
- Pacific will host the Gaels starting with a doubleheader on Friday, April 19th, at 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM
- Saint Mary's is 8-27 on the year. The Gaels are coming off a 6-2 win against Santa Clara on Saturday.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.