STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell in the doubleheader at home against Saint Mary's on Friday.
Pacific (14-27, 0-8) would be held with no runs in a 6-0 decision in their first game with the Gaels (11-28, 4-1) and surrender a 4-2 lead late in their nightcap matchup to fall by a final score of 5-4.
Pacific vs. Gaels (Game 1): - In Case You Missed It:
- A slow start for both teams kept Pacific and Saint Mary's scoreless through 4.0 innings of play. The Tigers would find themselves behind heading into the bottom fifth, however, as the Gaels tacked on three runs off four hits and one Tiger error to take a 3-0 advantage.
- Pacific could not drive home a run but had opportunities to score as a Madison Hopper-double down the left field line in the bottom half of the fifth brought Caity Sung to third base putting runners in scoring position with one out. SMC would strand both runners however and get out of the inning.
- An additional three runs in the sixth by the Gaels put the game out of reach for UOP.
Pacific vs. Gaels (Game 2): - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers got off to a good start as freshman Madison Kahwaty tallied Pacific's first run of the night of an infield single giving her team the 1-0 edge.
- After two runs by the Gaels, Carly Lucchetti added on to the Tigers' flurry in the bottom second connecting on a beautifully hit ball to left center for a stand up triple. Sung and Hailey Reed would score on the play putting UOP back in front, 3-2.
- Madison Hopper blasted home her second home run of the year in the third inning giving the Orange and Black an extra insurance run, 4-2.
- In the seventh inning, however, the Gaels would steal back the lead following a three-hit, three run rally in the top half of the seventh. Despite a runners on the corners situation in the final inning for Bradi Kooyman the Tigers would be unable to finish out on top as SMC took the game by a final score of 5-4.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers will end their series with the Gaels tomorrow, Saturday, April 20th, at 1:00 P.M.
- Tomorrow's game will be Military Appreciation Day which will include a Camouflage Bracelet Donation Day.
- Live stats and a live stream of the game will be provided.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.