STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team breezed past Saint Mary's, 9-1, at Bill Simoni Field on Saturday afternoon.
Pacific (15-27, 1-8) would be powered by six runs late in the sixth inning to pull off the win over the the Gaels (11-31, 4-2)
Pacific vs. Gaels: - In Case You Missed It:
- The Tigers strung together a 3-1 lead over SMC following the fourth inning thanks to a solo home run by Caitlin Reynolds in the bottom third and a two-run bomb by Maddison Hopper.
- The Gaels would hang tight up until the sixth inning as the Tigers' offense erupted for six runs off seven hits and one Saint Mary's error. Carly Lucchetti would highlight the inning ending the game with a three-RBI double to left center field scoring Caity Sung, Talli Shepherd, and Madeline Domingo.
- Freshman Myka Sutherlin had a quality start in the circle for the Orange and Black. The right-hander would go 6.0 complete innings limiting the Gaels to just two hits and one earned run. Sutherlin would also strike out five batters on the day.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers travel up north for a midweek friendley against UC Davis on Tuesday, April 23rd.
- Game time for both teams is set for 4:00 PM. The Aggies are 34-8 on the year and currently ride a five-game winning streak.
- Live stats and a live stream of the game will be provided.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.