DAVIS, Calif. - The Pacific softball team fell in their midweek game Tuesday night to UC Davis, 9-4.
The Tigers (15-27, 1-8) would score four runs off four hits but the Aggies (35-8, 9-3) would hold Pacific to that as they registered nine runs to take the game by a final of 9-4.
Pacific vs. UC Davis - In Case You Missed It:
- After a 2-0 first inning rally by the Aggies, the Tigers would bounce back in the top half of the second as they capitalized on two errors to cut the lead in half, down 2-1. Hailey Reed would score Pacific's first run of the day.
- Pacific struggled in the third as Davis loaded the bases and would score four runs off two hits and one error. This pushed their lead up to 6-1.
- A productive inning in the fourth put the Tigers back in position as an RBI-double by Maddison Hopper and sac-fly RBI from Caitlin Reynolds put two runs on the board for UOP. Bradi Kooyman would also add her third home run of the season with a one-run shot to right field pinning the score at 9-4.
- A one-run inning in the fourth and two runs in the sixth would work in the Aggies' favor however as the Tigers dropped their midweek matchup.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers head on their final road series down to Santa Clara University this weekend.
- UOP takes on the Broncos starting on Saturday, April 27th, at 12:00 PM.
- The Broncos are 10-30 overall, 2-4 in WCC play. SCU is on a two-game losing streak dropping two out of three games against LMU last weekend.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.