STOCKTON, Calif. - The Pacific softball team (15-28, 1-8) head on their final roadtrip of the year this weekend as they travel down to the Bay Area for a three-game series against Santa Clara (10-30, 2-4).
-Pacific vs. Santa Clara | Saturday, April 26th | 12:00 P.M. | Live Stats
-Pacific vs. Santa Clara | Friday, April 26th | 2:00 P.M. | Live Stats
-Pacific vs. Santa Clara | Saturday, April 27th | 12:00 P.M. | Live Stats
-Location: Santa Clara Softball Stadium | Santa Clara, California
Last Time Out:
- The Tigers are coming off a 9-4 loss to UC Davis on Tuesday. Pacific would drop their midweek nonconference matchup of the week as they scored two runs in the fourth but would fall short to the Aggies.
- Caitlin Reynolds, Maddison Hopper, and Bradi Kooyman would each tally an RBI in the contest including a pinch-hit home run by Kooyman-her third of the year- late in the seventh inning.
- Freshman Myka Sutherlin pitched 6.0 full in the circle for the Tigers and strike out three batters.
REED RACKIN 'EM UP:
Junior pitcher Hailey Reed continues to be the Tigers' go-to ace. The Topeka, Kansas native still maintains the lead in the Orange and Black's pitching rotation this year ranking in the top 100 in the nation with a total strikeouts (104) and strikeouts per seven innings (7.11). Her 104 strikeouts ranks first in the WCC.
Reed has struck out a batter in each of her 19 appearances in the circle. She set a career-high in K totals (13) twice this season against Utah State (Feb. 9th) and Fairleigh Dickinson (March 9th).
The right-hander also leads the Tigers in wins (6), ERA (3.08), and innings pitched (102.1). Reed's ERA also ranks in the top five in conference.
The Tigers' freshman class have provided a major lift this season. Pacific's freshman core of Madison Kahwaty, Carly Lucchetti, and Jessica Mabrey have started at least 36 games for Head Coach Brian Kolze and his crew.
Kahwaty has delivered consistently at the plate in her first season at Pacific as she currently leads the team with a .298 batting average and 57 total bases. The Livermore, Calif. infielder also ranks second on the team in hits (31) and leads the doubles catgeory (9).
Jessica Mabrey has lived up to her expectation as UOP's utility player racking up 155 putouts. The Scottsdale, Ariz. product carries a team-high 22 RBI's heading into the weekend.
Freshman Carly Lucchetti leads the Orange and Black with 19 runs scored. The Linden, Calif. native is coming off one of her best performances at the plate last weekend as she went 6-12 (.500), five RBI's, and a bases-clearing triple against Saint Mary's earning her first WCC Player of the Week.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT:
vs. Santa Clara (10-30, 2-4)
- The Broncos are coming off a series loss to LMU. Santa Clara would lost two out of their three games to the Lions having their final game come in an 11-7 decision.
- Junior infielder Eleni Spirakis leads SCU in batting average (.358), on-base percentage (.422), runs scored (28), and home runs (2). Spirakis was an All-WCC Honorable Mention last year.
- Regan Dias leads the Broncos in innings pitched with 91.0 and is tied for the team lead with four complete games. Fellow freshman Lauren Anderson has also pitched four complete games this year.
For more on the Pacific Softball program, be sure to follow @PacificSoftball on Twitter and Instagram.