FOLSOM, Calif. – The Pacific women's beach volleyball team fell to Boise State by narrow margin, 3-2, Friday afternoon at the Sacramento State Beach Invitational in Folsom, Calif.
The Tigers fall to 0-7 on the season, while Boise State improves to 9-5.
Pacific's No. 3 flight (Lauren Cline/Hanne De Schrijver) and its No. 4 flight (Riley Patterson/Allison Dennemann) claimed set victories on the day. Cline and De Schrijver won its first set 21-17 before their opponents, Ellie McDonald and Jensen Allen evened the match at 1-1 and forced a deciding set. The Tiger duo edged the Broncos pair in the final set, 15-11. Patterson and Dennemann swept (21-18, 21-17) Boise State's Riley Lewis and Kylee Johnson.
The Tigers will conclude their tournament schedule on Saturday, when they take on tournament-host Sacramento State at 10:00 a.m. and UC Davis at 1:00 p.m.
Boise State 3, Pacific 2
Livermore Community Park — Folsom, Calif.
1. Janell Walley/Kendra Bodine (Boise) def. Alex Holt/Gabby Leo (PAC), 21-8, 21-14
2. Sabryn Roberts/Morgan Hughes (Boise) def. Kennedy Kaminsky/Lucy Carpenter (PAC), 21-19, 21-13
3. Lauren Cline/Hanne Descrijver (PAC) def. Ellie McDonald/Jensen Allen (Boise), 21-17, 13-21, 15-11
4. Riley Patterson/Allison Dennemann (PAC) def. Riley Lewis/Kylee Johnson (Boise), 21-18, 21-17
5. Kenna Hanses/Maya Watkins (Boise) def. Sarah Bethea/Jadyn Tubbs (PAC), 21-14, 21-7