MORAGA, Calif. – The Pacific women's beach volleyball team traveled to the bay Tuesday afternoon for a mid-week matchup with No. 19-ranked Saint Mary's.
The Tigers fell to the WCC standout squad in straight sets, 5-0. Pacific's No. 3 flight (Lauren Cline/Hanne De Schrijver) and its No. 4 flight (Riley Patterson/Jadyn Tubbs) put some pressure on the Gaels in their respective sets, falling by just two points in three of the four sets. Cline/De Schrijver fell by scores 21-19 and 21-17, while Patterson/Tubbs were edged 21-19 and 21-19.
Pacific will play its final three regular-season contests in the next seven days, first traveling to Davis, Calif. on Saturday for the UC Davis Beach Tournament for games against Oregon and the Aggies.
Saint Mary's 5, Pacific 0
1. Sarah Chase/Lindsey Knudsen (SMC) def. Gabby Leo/Alex Holt (PAC), 21-11, 21-12
2. Emily Bible/Lindsey Calvin (SMC) def. Lucy Carpenter/Kennedy Kaminsky (PAC), 21-8, 21-13
3. Alexsa "Crash" Parker/Sienna Young (SMC) def. Hanne De Schrijver/Lauren Cline (PAC), 21-19, 21-17
4. Chandler Cowell/Jennifer "Boo" Laird (SMC) def. Riley Patterson/Jadyn Tubbs (PAC), 21-19, 21-19
5. Morgan Kendrick/Selfie Christensen (SMC) def. Sarah Bethea/Alyna Abeleda-Mostajo (PAC), 21-6, 21-6