SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific women's tennis team opened its fall season at the Battle of the Bay Classic on Friday, September 21 with Anneroos Nederstigt claiming her first doubles' victory to advance to the semifinals.
In Case You Missed It:
- Dohee Lee and freshmen Jacquie Tan teamed up for doubles and fell to USC by a score of 8-3.
- Anneroos Nederstigt and her partner defeated their opponent by a score of 8-2.
- In singles competition, freshman Georgia Townsend lost to the No. 1 seed from Fresno State by scores of 6-3 and 6-4.
- Lee fell in her singles match to the No. 4 seed from USC by scores of 6-2 and 6-4.
- Tan played the No. 2 seed and had a tough fight going three sets, dropping the first set 6-2 but claiming the second, 7-5. Tan fell in the final set by a score of 6-3.
Coach Erwin's Comments:
"I saw some really positive things on the courts today. Roos and her doubles' partner from USC taking out the #2 seeds got us off to a good start. In singles, our freshman Georgia and Jacquie both put in solid efforts against the #1 and #2 seeds and Dohee battled against the #4 seed. It's great for us to have the opportunity to face tough competition this early in our year."
Nederstigt advances to the semi-finals and will play on Saturday, September 22 at 9:30 a.m.