SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – The University of the Pacific women's tennis team competed in day two of the Battle in the Bay Classic and Anneroos Nederstigt fought her way into the finals on Sunday in doubles.
In Case You Missed It:
- In doubles competition, Nederstigt and her partner from USC won their match, 8-4, to advance to the finals.
- In singles, both the freshman Georgia Townsend and Jacquie Tan won their matches in the consolation round in straight sets by scores of 6-0.
- In the semifinals of the consolation singles, Townsend defeated her opponent in three sets. She won the first set 6-4 before dropping in the second set, 7-5. Townsend went on to claim the third set, 10-6.
- Tan won her second round of matches in three. She trailed 1-0 in the match, before claiming victories in the next two sets by scores of 7-5 and 10-4 to move on to the finals of the consolation bracket.
Coach Erwin's Comments:
"Great day for us today! Roos stepped up in doubles and Georgia and Jacquie both battled on the singles court. Having a doubles finalist and an all-Pacific consolation final is a big step in the right direction for our program."
- Nederstigt will play for the doubles crown on Sunday, September 23.
- Townsend and Tan will battle each other in the consolation final on Sunday, as well.