MORAGA, Calif. – The University of the Pacific women's tennis team competed in day one of the Saint Mary's Invite on Friday.
In Case You Missed It:
- Jacquie Tan went up against Niluka Madurawe from Stanford, dropping in two sets 6-3, 6-1.
- Anneroos Nederstigt squared off with the six-seed Maria Smith from the University of California-Berkeley, falling 6-2, 6-1.
- Dohee Lee fell in two sets to Chloe Goyette of Saint Mary's, 6-2, 6-0.
- Ioana Popescu won her first singles match in two sets, defeating Kelsie Bryant of UC Davis, 6-2, 6-2.
- Anna Ramos Vinolas battled in her first singles match, falling in three sets to Rita Colyer of West Coast Conference Opponent University of San Francisco, 7-5, 6-3, 7-5.
- Karina Vyrlan defeated Elizabeth Yao of Stanford in two straight sets, 6-2, 6-1.
- Georgia Townsend came up short against the three-seed Jamie Schroer of WCC opponent Santa Clara, 6-4, 6-2.
- Hannah Ketcherside competed in her first collegiate tournament, falling to Sacramento State's Frana Ugarkovic 6-3, 6-4.
- Jessica Kaye dropped her first singles match of the fall season to Sonoma State's Hannah Highscmith, 6-2, 6-2.
Round 1 & 2– Doubles
- Lee and Tan partnered up in doubles, defeating duo Kelsie Bryant and Sara Tsukamoto of UC Davis, 8-4, before dropping in round two to the top-seeded duo Sara Choy and Niluka Madurawe 8-2.
- Nederstigt and Townsend teamed up for doubles, ousting duo Carolina Chernyetsky and Jayden Nielsen of Sacramento State University, 8-5, before falling in the next round to the two-seeded team of Anna Makarova and Melissa Pick of U of W, 8-4.
- Popescu and partner Vinolas fell in their first doubles match of the day to Chloe Goyette and Jordan Harris, 8-3. In round two, Popescu and Vinolas defeated Shamika Dhar and Frana Ugarkovic, 8-4 to advance to the semifinals of the consolation bracket.
- Duo Kaye and Ketcherside fell in the semifinals round of the women's doubles C bracket to Taisiia Andrieieva and Kristina Gross, 8-1.
The Tigers' action at the Saint Mary's Invite continues tomorrow with doubles at 9:00 a.m. followed by singles.